British Kendo Association (BKA) Membership:
* It is mandatory that all members join the BKA. This is for insurance purposes.
Please check the BKA website for more detailed and up-to-date membership information.
Edinburgh Kendo Club Membership
What does membership get me?
* Three classes in Edinburgh a week, plus an open invite to practise at affiliate dojo (especially once in armour).
* Conscientious instruction.
* The Dojo Leader will pro-actively attract high-quality guest instructors from other clubs, plus members of the National Squad to Edinburgh.
* Participate in local demonstrations.
* Knowledge that you are helping to not only further your Kendo ability, but are helping to develop Kendo in Scotland by practising in and contributing to the club.
Edinburgh Kendo Club Membership Fees
* Adult members can pay a monthly fee: Seniors £35 / Students £25.
* The membership fees above are paid at the start of the month by direct debit to our bank account details (you will receive the bank payment instructions prior to the course starting).
* Alternatively, members who cannot attend frequently can opt to pay per session: £6/session.
* If paying per session, the club treasurer will send out an invoice at the end of each month summarizing attendance and final payable amount.
* No one will be stopped from practicing due to financial difficulties at the dojo leader’s discretion.
Please have a look at the beginners class page.
Complete your Edinburgh membership form with this online form.
Kids Class costs:
Family pack *new addition*
Family pricing is £35 per month per adult with first child free (you just need to pay for the BKA insurance) and any other children after that is £7.5 per month.